Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Carnage: New Mold- New Possibilities!



Here is my first custom utilizing the new mold for Vinylmation- Spiderman's nemesis, Carnage! On this particular custom, I used the Marine Lobster figure as the base to capture Carnage's signature claws.
As everyone else, I was not too impressed with the new mold initially. However, after seeing the shape in person, it has really grown on me. From a customizing point of view, it has a much smoother and flatter surface to work with and allows for much more detail! My designs will no longer be constrained by the limitations of the bold facial features that were present on the original figures. Going forward, I'll be using this new mold with a lot of my customs and I hope the change will be welcomed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment